Monday, July 23, 2007

Hello this is my first post. I have been assembling this blog over the past couple of days as time allows. I would appreciate any contribution regarding the subject of Electric Vehicles.

I have been finding interesting articles and links for Electric Cars. I added a couple of links, but did not want to copy an article in the posting section as to not crowd up the page with my first post. I will continue to scour the web and youtube.com etc to find useful information regarding Electric Cars.

As many people have learned by now Tesla Motors of San Carlos, California has a car ready for production as the video I posted here states. The Roadster. If you have not seen this car, play the video (below) and visit their website. Very cool stuff. I think these guys got it right, by offering a real performer and a great looking car in the higher dollar range. As these cars get sold, the revenue will help the company continue it's plans and create tons of public awareness. Maybe down the road we can look to Tesla Motors to provide a car for the masses.

Zap World of Santa Rosa, California also has a winner under development named the Zap-X
with a proposed range up to 350 miles between charges, with a rapid charge technology that can recharge the batteries in as little as 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES! This is not 1973! The future changes from oil to: wind, electric and hydro all will happen in my opinion. It MUST happen. Global warming is still a question mark in my mind. But, besides that, where can someone get funding for ideas? Venture capital? This site is a great idea. More and more sites like this one will be appearing, the goal is to be different from all the rest. I am looking to get involved in "green living" may it be sales, technician, or designing at the entry or mid level. My backround is mechanical, sales, and enjoy the action of helping/showing others how they can take advantage of the earth's natural resources mentioned above. And do it for reasons of environment, cost savings and getting off dependency of foriegn oil. I will continue to check back here as often as I can. Godspeed!